Jake Gyllenhaal: One of the best actors of this generation!


Where do I begin with Jake fooking Gyllenhaal... he is among my favourite actors of all time and is there really any wonder as to why? No, you need not wonder, all you need to do is randomly select almost any of his films and i gaurentee every single one you choose (apart from maybe Prince of Persia) will blow you away.

What I love about him is his sincere love and passion for the craft of acting, and his Tenacity and willingness to work hard in every single film that he features in, from his little bit parts to his major roles, you can always see how much this guy puts in, especially physically and emotionally, I love that, and this is why I know I will watch every film that ever comes out where Gyllenhal has played a part!

Here's a few of my favourites! (Performance based in no particular order):

• Prisoners - Det. Loki (2013)
• Donnie Darko - Donnie Darko (2001)
• Nightcrawler - Louis Bloom (2014)
• Southpaw - Billy "The great" Hope (2015)
• Stronger - Jeff Bauman (2017)
• Enemy - Adam & Anthony (2013)
• Nocturnal Animals - Edward Sheffield (2016)
• The Day After Tomorrow - Sam Hall (2004)
• Okja - Dr. Johnny Wilcox (2017)
• Zodiac - Robert Graysmith (2007)
• End Of Watch - Brian Taylor (2012)
• Jarhead - Anthony Swofford (2005)

Honerable mentions:

• Everest - Scott Fischer (2015)
• Source Code - Colter Stevens (2011)
• Demolition - Davis Mitchell (2015)
• Life - David Jordan (2017)


Now I hear he could be in for a shout as Batman, I'm not to sure about that one, what about you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!