Two Tough Roles! Who takes the crown Freddie or Rami?


So there's two series I love, with two characters that suffer from a mental disorder known as D.I.D (Dissociative identity disorder), played by two actors I absolutely adore; Rami Malek and Freddie Highmore, I need your help to not only find out who does the best portrayal, but who it suits the most, and who pulls it off better, because if I'm honest I'm rather stuck.

It's no easy feat to pull this off especially when it's such a sensitive subject that needs to be treated with thee upmost care.

In the Blue corner we have Freddie Highmore's portrayal of Norman/Norma Bates. I watched every single series of Bates Motel and Freddie constantly surprised, shocked and scared the heebie jeebies out of me, his portrayal was brilliant, one minute he's innocent, kindhearted Norman and then the next he's the possessive mother Norma who would kill anyone that threatens the illusion of her existence. When you watch it your literally shouting to the screen "OMG WTF," he's brilliant, it's all brilliant.

In the red corner we have Rami Malek's portrayal of Elliot Alderson/Mr. Robot. 8 episodes in to the 3rd series and it's a straight 10/10 so far, that is courtesy not only to Sam Esmail but mainly to Rami Malek's insane acting, he not only portrays someone with D.I.D but someone who suffers from social anxiety, delusions and clinical depression. He brings so much raw emotion to his character it's unbelievable. Elliot draws us into his mind providing us an insight to his mental state, and it's not pretty. The clashing of his two personalities (Elliot and Mr. Robot) is the most interesting; when you see him fight so hard to keep Mr. Robot out or when he concedes and let's him takeover, seriously bravo, extremely well done, Rami is amazing! I really love this show!

Anyway as you can see I'm struggling, who is the best? Please share your thoughts?

Please #follow and check us out on Instagram!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!