'Beyond Skyline' Review: Suppose To Be Better Than The First!


After rinsing multiplayer on COD WW2 for about 5 hours, I found that I was getting a little bored, so I thought I would put "The Punisher" back in his cage and find something to watch! This is when I stumbled across 'Beyond Skline' the second attempt at a bad movie!

You might remember the first one 'Skyline' which was extremely poor, this one they were hoping would be significantly better, they roped in Frank Grillo and one of my favourite martial artists, Iko Uwais. The build-up to the film was solid, I watched all the trailers and everything and it looked solid!

This is why I was so disapointed, the plot was full of inconsistencies and to be honest completely nonsensical, they tried to borrow from Pacific Rim but if failed miserably! The CGI was worse than the first! The dialogue was cheap and unrealistic -- lose a loved one, then cracking poor jokes 5 minutes later --, worse of all they completely underutilized Iko and failed to help us connect with the movie in any way, shape or form.

There were a few fight scenes that were impressive and a few (poorly executed) cool ideas, Iko was great and Grillo was just ok, but other than that it's a movie to be forgotten!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!