'Stranger Things' Season 2 Review......


๐ŸŒŸStranger Things Season 2 ๐ŸŒŸ Minor Spoiler Review ๐ŸŒŸ 9.5/10 ๐ŸŒŸ

So I've finally finished Stranger Things Season 2 and apart from episode 7 I don't really have any bad "things" to say about it, in fact, it was just as enthralling as the first if not more so, but in different ways.

Personally I feel that the first season was alot darker, for example; eleven snapped god knows how many necks, plus the hole presence of the demigorgans and Doctor Brenner which just made it feel rather frightful. But... this for me isn't a problem as this series wasn't meant to be as dark, this was mainly made to explore deeper into the upside down, introducing some new characters, good and bad, give us some answers and just generally expand there universe while simultaneously getting us ready for what's still to come.

I was rather intrigued by all of our new characters; MadMax (Sadie Sink) and Bob The Brain (Sean Astin), they seemed to mesh really well with the existing cast, but, personally Dacre Montgomery's Billy was the most eye catching, the big tough brother of Max who I could instantly sense had some underlying daddy issues, and that resonated well with me. Every scene he was in, he tore it up with a great range of acting skills.

I loved several things about this show, especially how the Duffer brother's split up our favourite group of friends, seeing how each character deals with things and what there up to, we had a few groups to follow; Eleven and Hopper, Dustin and Steve (match made in heaven), Mike, Will, Joyce and Bob, Lucas and Max and Nancy and Jonathan, I think that's it. We learn alot more about the Upside Down and all the characters which is great. I also loved the hole Mindflayer thing they had going on plus the Demidogs were cool, although I have to say I do prefer the demigorgans as they brought a hole new level of fear to the first series.

The acting was superb from everyone yet again, there all so brilliant, old and new, I can't really sit and write how amazing everyone was because I would be here all day, so, I will just pick my 3 favourites; Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo) is my favourite of both series, I just love him, Steve (Joe Keery) is absolutely hilarious (it's finger-licking good) and I love how far his character has come, from being that guy we all disliked to the warrior we all seem to now love, last but not least, obviously Eleven/Jane (Millie Bobbie Brown), she is just bloody brilliant in every way, what a star! There are so many close calls including the likes of the sensational David Harbour, Winona Ryder, Finn Wolfhard and Noah Scnapp! Wow! Just wow!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!