'Mulholland Drive' Review: Jesus, Lynch Loves To Get You Thinking!


• Mulholland Drive, 2001 • 8.6/10 •

David Lynch's MULHOLLAND DRIVE is not a story but a mosaic of stories, eras, moods, characters, and themes that intersect, overlap, and parallel like a dream, but, this time, the dream is actually the reality, so be prepared to see it with an open mind that is ready to be engaged.

Don't get me wrong I love Lynch, he's a true artist, he's original, unique and very mysterious -- you never know what's going through his head while making films like this and BV. But, I personally feel that sometimes, he makes you think a little too much. Although all of his work has complex storys, MD is the only one I really struggled to piece together, It could be my lack of superior intellect or it could be the fact I didn't have the clues that are included in the DVDs, Who knows, but I got there in the end it just made my viewing experience a little strenuous at times.

Other than that, it's beautifully stylish, the acting was first-rate (I never knew Watts had that in her locker... WOW) and the score was perfect. I can definetly see why this is classed as a masterpiece, but I recommend watching this with a clear head, a notebook, google and some Ben and Jerry's!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!