'Fruitvale Station' Review: Powerful Debut From Black Panther's Coogler!


⭐ Fruitvale Station ⭐ Review ⭐ 8.7/10 ⭐

What a powerful achievement from director Ryan Coogler. His first film of three (Creed, Black Panther), Fruitvale Station is a cinematic force, it's poignant yet so beautiful and it's speaks volumes. This film will literally cause you to feel almost every emotion in the book; happy, sad, frustrated, angry, and shocked, the most being angry.

With such a short runtime it was surprising to see how well Coogler managed to get the audience to connect with the characters in this flick, especially Oscar. Coogler presented this film as a nuanced and carefully balanced character study filled with small, poetic moments that enhanced the viewing experience.

I was sick with rage as I struggled to endure the scene that was remade from real footage of that tragic night, I wanted to cry but I was so angry at how Oscar and his friends were treated I couldn't shed a tear. I FUCKING HATE racism and I don't have much love for cops, so when you add the two together and throw police brutality into the mix, I get mad, real mad and Coogler brought that all out in me.

The man was laying on the fucking ground being pinned down and you shoot him in the back and have some bullshit excuse that you were going for your taser and pulled the wrong gun, fuck off. You lost your job and you only got 2 years and ONLY served 11 months when that poor young lad lost his life, a daughter lost a father and a mother lost a son. Yeah I'm calling you out Johannes Mehserle, you didn't suffer enough in my eyes, your small enough to take a life so you should of been big enough to accept your responsibility and lose your own.

Everyone is equal, wether your rich or poor, Black or white it doesn't matter, what we look like and sound like doesn't define who we are as people, that's just a vasade, it's our actions we take and the choices we make that shape who we are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!