'A message from the King' Review: Does Boseman pull off being a bad-aas?

7.4/10

Message from the King is a 2016 American revenge-action-thriller film directed by Fabrice Du Welz and written by Stephen Cornwell and Oliver Butcher. It stars Chadwick Boseman, Luke Evans, Teresa Palmer, and Alfred Molina.

I saw it pop up on Netflix and was like oh look there's the black panther Chadwick the "King" Boseman I got to check this out. Therefore I did and I have to say I wasn't disappointed. Basically The film's plot revolves around a man (Jacob King) from South Africa who travels to Los Angeles in order to find his younger sister at first.... then it turns into a massive revenge thriller (like I hope to think any of us would).

The supporting cast was great, some talented stars bringing there spectacular presence to the screen, like Luke Evans especially as a sneaky little snake of a dentist in the drug game. Teresa Palmer as the hooker/loving mum (but she only does blowjobs). Then there was the main man Chadwick, I love this guys Accent he just sounds like such a badass when he talks, his fighting scenes weren't great but I think that's down to the choreographer. His acting also fealt a little cheesy at times but i have not really seen him in much to judge to harshly. All in all worth a watch, pacing was good all the way, kept me interested and just a good bit of fun so I rate it a 7.4/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!