'TWD' Season 8 Part 2 Review: Well I'm Glad That's Finally Over!


• TWD S8 Part 2 • Review • 6/10 •

Finally, it's over. Being a big fan of TWD, I really struggled with how the first half of season 8 ended, killing Carl off in such a pathetic way after what he survived, when he wasn't even suppose to die. Even still, because of my love for what this show use to be, I felt like I should soldier on, so I did. This brings us up to the second half of the season which was even worse than the first half. It got to the point where I was just using TWD for background noise, and that's sad. Remember the first 4 seasons, they were amazing, hell even the 5th and 6th weren't overly bad, the point is, I could rarely ever take my eyes off of the screen, I was emotionally invested in the characters and what they went through, but now, now it feels like something you would watch on the syfy channel and I'm starting to lose all hope. All this season did was go round and around in circles, or more back and forth, back and forth, the worse thing is, after everything; the threats, the promises and all the pathetic little fights, Negan didn't even die -- in the "all out war" -- when he was suppose to, but Carl did when he wasn't, and then to top it off, it was because of Carl's death (that shouldn't of happened!!) that Rick left him alive!

The war was ok, but nothing special, I'm looking forward to Morgan crossing over to FTWD, that could be cool, Dwight was Interesting and one of the best actors this season, and Eugene was pretty dope, other than that, it was just meh!

Gimple has promised that season 9 will be different, I'm hoping for the best, but let's be honest, it's not the first time in recent years he has promised it will get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!