'Lost In Space' Reboot, Season 1 Review: Netflix Have Made Another Visual Masterpiece, If, You Have The Patience To Get Through It!

• Lost In Space, 2018 • Review • 8.7/10 •

Netflix yet again delivers an exciting new show which while I felt took a few episodes to truely get invested in, is well worth your time, so, if you are looking to binge on a fun scifi show which has been sorely lacking in today's roster of must see tv, this is for you. I will admit going into this, that while I was aware this was a reboot based on an old tvshow and film I had never watched the prior material (apart from the odd episode), which made it easier for me to enjoy.

The visuals are completely out of this world! There are some beautiful locations shown here and a variety to, from great ice glaciours to black Rocky Mountains to alien forests and wide open planes, all the areas are often given beautiful wide shots, used to their fullest and changed up enough so they don't get boring. Visual effects are outstanding and it was a treat to watch some amazing flying space ship sequences.

Characters I found a little rocky, especially starting off. I enjoyed the children's characters, however early on I found the parents and other adults rather bland and annoying, but, they all grow in interesting ways, so, I couldn't help but finding myself getting really invested in each of their stories -- after getting through a few episodes. The villain is a character I don't feel will garner many peoples admiration, she is a fairly unlikeable character and has enough depth to be interesting, but it can be a little cliche at times.

Story was, for the most part excellent, it does have some dips here and there with some typical eye rolling moments, but then there are plenty of genuinely good plot twists and interesting developments, especially later in the series.

Overall this was an excellent show which felt imaginative, brilliantly executed and brings back some sorely needed scifi fun. I'd strongly recommend this show for a good binge watching and let me tell you this show looks amazing on the big screen. I'm excited to see what Netflix brings for the next season and I'm now totally hooked on the story of the Robinsons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'Love, Simon' Review: What A Nice Surprise!