Paul Thomas Anderson Week: 'There Will Be Blood' Review!


• There Will Be Blood, 2007 • 8.2/10 •

Firstly, I would like to start with Daniel Day Lewis' mesmerizing performance as the ruthless oil prospector, Daniel Plainview. The scumbag cons local landowners into selling their valuable land for pittance, and then he comes along like a "straw" and "sucks it all up," leaving him very wealthy and everyone else in his way.

Paul Dano, Wow, do you really expect anything less than magic when it comes to him acting, he's a true tour de force. I wish we had preachers like Eli Sunday up at my local church.

Johnny Greenwood's score is brilliant, it really gets under your skin, you then combine that with the gorgeous cinematography, smart screenplay and the brilliant acting, you then have yourself a film where even if your not paying complete attention, you will still hate the lead by the end, all the same!

Yeah, I did just say that. I'm sorry peeps but it got a little boring at times (it didn't keep me hooked for the whole flick) and my mind began to wonder, but, that i think that's to do with the little-too-long runtime.

All in all, it's technically sound, just not my cup of tea. Ambition beats faith? Greed beats love? 🤔

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Tomb Raider' Review: First Successful Game Adaptation! Kudos!

'OldBoy' Review: WOW!